Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lately Around Here...

Our daughter. That girl. She sure loves her dolls. I guess its normal for a girl like her but she really does take them everywhere she goes!


Yes, her one doll only has one leg. Unfortunate! And we can't fix it!

As you can probably tell, things have been a little slow in blogland for me. I am finally starting to feel better! This pregnancy slowed me down for a few months but I definitely feel like I'm rounding a corner and soon I'll be back to "normal". I'm at week 13 of my pregnancy, meaning that I am officially in the 2nd trimester! Wohoo! I know, I know. Belly pictures are due soon. My belly is definitely growing. We'll get some pictures posted here real soon.

Of course, the little person below has kept me going throughout the pregnancy. We haven't been going out as much as we used to but she hasn't minded too much and has been happy to play at home. We've both enjoyed our daily afternoon naps and snacks. I am hungry throughout the day so Elena and I stop to eat snacks a lot more frequently than we used to. Strawberries seem to be a favorite around here these days. Yum!

Isn't she a cutie?

And now she is starting to do and say things that make me laugh! I've started writing down some of the things she says. I know she'll just get more and more funny and interesting.

I have been telling Elena about heaven and that is where Jesus is and that He is preparing a home for us there. I then asked Elena if she wanted to go to heaven with Jesus. She said, “no”. Not quite sure if she fully understands yet. :)

Later on in the day after the above conversation I asked Elena who lived in heaven. She said “Jesus." She remembered what I had told her!



Every night we try and read Elena's children's Bible with her before bed. She calls her Bible her "Jesus" so we go along with it and tell her to get her "Jesus Bible" when its time. I think she mostly likes the pictures but we pray that the truths and stories of the Bible will take root in her heart as she grows up.




Hopefully, the updates will be more regular from now on...

0 comments: